jlnpr is a full-service marketing & PR agency in downtown Toronto and we are looking for a part-time intern to join our small team. Although this is an entry-level position, we are looking for a candidate with some previous PR experience — internships are fine. The person that we hire will be working directly with the President in their day-to-day work, which will include admin tasks, making media lists, creating monthly reports, pitching the media, copywriting, etc. This will be a wonderful opportunity for a very dedicated, independent worker to learn more about working at an agency and gain valuable PR experience. This position will be a part-time telecommuting position so we are looking for someone who can work comfortably as part of a virtual team.
So, let’s take a look what qualities we are looking forward in our new team member:
Must have. . .
• Must have completed a PR, Communications or related degree
• Extensive experience drafting press releases, media alerts, pitches and other PR materials for clients
• Good writing skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Professional attitude, quick learner
• Be comfortable multitasking & prioritizing a large workload
• Be willing to work from 9am-5pm at least two times per week (with possible O/T as needed)
• Be a self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks with short, competing deadlines
• Knowledge of the usage of social media in marketing/PR and a comprehensive understanding of the top SM sites
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
• Have a passion for PR and the drive to do what it takes to make our clients happy
And, very importantly, NO DRAMA!! ☺ It’s important that we enjoy working together and work productively together as a team, so if you’re a drama queen (or king), keep on looking!
Like to have. . .
• Bilingual in French
• Experience pitching nationally in Canada or internationally (US/Europe)
• Experience working with travel, music or tech clients
• Experience blogging
• Website design, graphic design or online advertising experience/knowledge
• Experience using PRNewswire or other media list building tools
• Established media contacts (at least locally)
If you feel that you would be a fit for this position, please send your resume and cover letter (specifying why you would be the best candidate for the position) to Jennifer Nagy at email@example.com. Applicants without proper cover letters will not be considered for this position. For more information about jlnpr, please visit www.jlnpr.com.
NOTE — This is an unpaid internship position, which has the potential for a paid position with the company at the end of the internship period. This internship can be used for school credit upon request.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon and good luck!