More stats from Expedia on mobile via Mashable.com:
- “More than 65% of people who book a hotel room within 24 hours of checking in do so from a mobile device, according to Expedia.
- More than 15% of travelers who book a flight 24 hours or less in advance do so via mobile.
- Hotels with ratings between two and three stars are most commonly reserved via mobile devices, indicating that they’re likely the best (or most available) last-minute lodging option.
- Nine of the top 10 cities for reserving rooms while on the go are in the United States, with Paris as the only outlier.
- In Las Vegas, a whopping 32% of all bookings are made on mobile devices.Los Angeles and Orlando also top 10%.
- Friday and Saturday are the most popular days [to plan trips], showing again just how valuable smartphones have become for enabling that spontaneous weekend getaway.”
Check out this infographic from Expedia, which gives even more details about how travelers use their mobile devices:
via Mashable.com: How Mobile Tech Is Changing Travel [INFOGRAPHIC].